Tank & Railcar Wash Systems
We design and manufacture Industrial Tank Trailer and Railcar Wash system components and systems in our facility in Momence, Illinois U.S.A. to the highest engineering practices and standards. Our 60 year+ collective experience in a wide variety of Tank and Railcar wash system projects means we bring a lot to the table to help to help you clean the toughest tankwash and railcar washing applications.
Years of experience in the tankwash and railcar wash industry go a long way for our industrial tank cleaning specialists. There are a surprising number of ways and techniques to clean tanks and railcars depending on what the prior commodity was, the tank configuration, size, capacity and cleaning standards.
What We Do – The Components and Systems We Make
We provide high performance Tank and Railcar Tankwash components and complete integrated systems in manual, semi and fully automatic operation configurations. Our expertise in industrial tankwash and nrailcar wash includes everything from small ISO containers, drums and totes to multi compartment tank trailer and 25,000+ gallon railcars. Our experience in tank and railcar wash includes:
- Chemical grade tankwash from 1 bay to 10 bay tank and railcar systems including diesel pre-solve (heated and non-heated), blower dryers (heated and non-heated) spinner nozzles and cones, access platforms and drop decks, overhead trolley beam systems, safety restraint systems, controls packages with customer wash ticket generation and printing. Typical wash applications include solvents, adhesives, oils, refining products, oil additives, paints and coatings, acetone, ammonia, asphalt, diesel, benzene, fuel oils, ethanol, ethylene glycol, gasoline, hexane, jet fuel, LPG, propane, POL, lube oil, PET, PTA, and PVC plastic pellets, molten sulfur, sulfuric acid, caustic soda, vinyl acetate, xylene.
- Food grade tankwash from 1 bay to 10 bay tank and railcar systems including detergent pre-solve (heated and non-heated), blower dryers with high efficiency inlet filter (heated and non-heated) spinner nozzles and cones, access platforms and drop decks, overhead trolley beam systems, safety restraint systems, controls packages with customer wash ticket generation and printing. Typical wash applications include; Vegetable oil and other edible oils, lecithin, chocolate syrup and chocolate powder, flour, syrup, soft drink syrups, flavor syrups, honey, molasses, barley malt syrup, corn syrup, maple syrup, coconut syrup, cottonseed oil, and peanut oil.
- Kosher Food grade tankwash (sanitary finish grade 3A) from 1 bay to 10 bay tank and railcar systems including pre-rinse (heated and non-heated), blower dryers with high efficiency inlet filters (heated and non-heated) spinner nozzles and cones, access platforms and drop decks, overhead trolley beam systems, safety restraint systems, controls packages with customer wash ticket generatino and printing. Typical wash applications (includes any of the standard Food Grade applications above); HFCS high fructose corn syrup and other liquid sweeteners, dairy products, milk, whey, fruit juice, industrial enzymes, starches, medical grade latex, pharmaceutical preparations and feed stocks.
The Industries We Serve
Our components, equipment, controls and systems are employed in a wide variety of industrial tankwash projects in the U.S. including:
- Refineries; Crude oil railcar washing, POL, additives and catalysts. Chemical grade systems.
- Petro chemical plants; pesticides, herbicides, solvents, plastics feed stocks. Chemical grade systems.
- Paint and coatings formulators; Pigments, titanium dioxide, latex, solvents. Chemical grade systems.
- Tank Trailer Fleets; Single purpose systems for a designated commodity fleet or multi-purppose systems for variable commodity fleets. Food grade, Chemical grade, or Kosher food grade systems.
- Commercial Tank and Railcar wash; Small to large multi-bay commercial tanknwash systems for high volume high efficiency operations including commodity switchover, certified cleaning. Food grade, Chemical grade, or Kosher food grade systems.
- Tank trailer and Railcar mainenance facilities; Before they can be serviced and repaired they have to be washed. Includes Rule 88 railcar certifying. Coatings preparations, safe entry cleaning, commodoty switchover. Food grade, Chemical grade, or Kosher food grade systems.
How We Do It
We work with plant engineers, process engineers, consulting engineers, installation contractors, and direct with customers and owners to develop a tank and railcar wash system that is taiored for your specific application. We can assist with equipment specification development and sizing or we can bid into an existing specification or project.
Our strategic OEM relationship with many industry leaders in the component market allows us to use high quality brand name accessory components like spinner and return pumps, dosing pumps, analytical instruments (pH sensors, flow sensors, temperature sensors) to compliment the core component technologies we manufacture to make a high quality completely integrated system.
Our Quality Commitment
We commission (startup) all of our systems to ensure the best possible performance and customer satisfaction and to review our designs in action for continual product improvement. Our engineering and production staff meet regularly to go over various equipment designs and potential improvements. Our production department uses stringent inspection procedures for fabrications, coatings, welding, and overall form fit and function.
We regularly participate with engineers and third party inspection services with detailed QC inspections and documentation procedures on many of our highly complex projects. Every project receives our attention to detail and quality in all areas to ensure our customers receive the quality they expect and deserve.
We start with a comprehensive and detailed proposal that clearly states our project understanding and any assumptions or data gaps. If necessary we can develop the process and perform any treatability testing needed.
If selected for a project we go to work producing detailed project submittals including general arrangement drawings, diagrams, sizing calculations, and specific component data sheets to provide the client and installers with the details they need to fully grasp the project. We then assist the installers and planners with information they need to complete their task in the most efficient manner. Then when onsite during startup we perform a full installation inspection to ensure mechanical and electrical installation are correct and proper. If there are any discrepencies we note them and assist the client/installers with corrections. Once the installation is certified we can go to work commissioning the system and training the operators. Finally, we provide final documentation with as built corrections (if any) and operator’s manuals.
After startup, we continue to support the project as needed with parts, repair assistance, process advice and warranty support. All of out customers receive the same attention to detail no matter the project.