Controls Packages – Tank Trailer and Railcar Wash Systems
Applied Mechanical Technology is an industry leader in industrial Tank Trailer and Railcar Wash System components and systems. Since 1997 we’ve been designing and building industrial equipment and systems for variety of industries.
We design and build all our core technology equipment in-house. Our complete line of equipment includes:
- Food Grade CIP Systems
- Chemical Grade CIP Systems
- Kosher Grade CIP Systems
- Solvent Pre-Wash Systems
- Blower Dryer Systems
- Return Pump Systems
- Chemical Dosing Systems
- Wastewater Treatment Systems
These are the core of our complete systems packages. We complete our systems with strategic OEM relationships for all the other necessary components such as instruments, pumps, valves etc.
As we design and manufacture our core equipment and systems in our own shop we have the flexibility and the ability to configure our systems as needed to meet the most stringent project specifications while exceeding customer’s expectations.
We design and build all our own controls in-house to UL-508A Industrial Control Panel standards with strict conformance to NEC ANSI/NFPA 70 regulations. All panels are built to UL standards and are individually UL certified if required.
Our operator controls interface schemes are the most advanced in the wastewater industry. We offer basic simplified controls to full featured controls systems that use SQL database platforms permitting the generation, archiving and managed all trending and effluent data. Our most advanced controls offer operator input of bench treatability testing that then allow the system.
Our tankwash control systems come in many standard configurations and are customized to meet customer specifications or specific project requirements. Our controls are available in everything from the most basic design to the most advanced features that can include;
- Wash system sequencing cycle editor. Provides operator programmable sequence of wash/rinse/dry cycles including wash times, wash pump speed and output, pauses for operator inspection, drying cycles, wash water temperature and system data collection.
- Fully and Semi Automatic controls. Operator initiated “START WASH” selector button that begins the pre-programmed wash cycle. Wash cycles or “recipes” are developed at the supervisor level and are saved for future use. Many different wash cycles can be programmed to clean a wide variety of products.
- Wash Ticket for automatic record keeping and billing. Wash tickets and certificates are automatically generated with the required data. Operators cannot start a wash without completing the wash ticket information you designate. The food grade wash ticket includes a real time graph showing the tank outlet temperature meets the >15 minutes @ 180F sanitizing requirement.
- Trend data accumulation and reporting. Excellent operator screens that summarize system data points, collect data for past trend analysis. Downloadable for presentation in spreadsheets, power points etc.
- Remote connection troubleshooting. Using a secure industrial VPN router to permit remote system troubleshooting, upgrades, and software support. These are easy to setup, firewall friendly, customer controlled with a full audit trail and traceability. Works with all PLCs and industrial computers and HMIs.
Our Tankwash Controls Systems are found in a variety of industries including but not limited to:
- All of Applied Mechanical Technology Tankwash & Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Food Grade Tank Trailer and Railcar wash
- Edible Oils; soy oil, vegetable oils, peanut oils
- Sweeteners, HFCS, corn syrup
- Animal Fats
- Chemical Grade Tank Trailer and Railcar wash
- Refined oils
- Acids and Caustics
- Paints and Pigments
- Fuels, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel
- LPG and Propane
- Crude Oil Tank Trailer and Railcar wash
- Plastics Pellets Tank Trailer and Hopper Railcar wash
Typical Options Include:
- NEMA Certifications: 3r (rain tight), 4 (can get wet with hose blast), 4X (can get wet by hose blast and is corrosion resistant) and 7 (explosion proof, hazardous area rated).
- Purge Panel technology for hazard area certification.
- Various PLC and HMI Operator Screens
- MCC (motor control center) and Logic in one panel. No need for separate MCC.
- Indoor and outdoor ratings.
- Air conditioning and heater for various environment conditions.
- Communications protocols including but not limited to; Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet, Profinet, Foundation Fieldbus, Hart, Profibus, ControlNet, and DeviceNet.
We use only the highest quality materials, pumps, instruments, valves and controls components to ensure you the heavy duty robust performance you demand in today’s highly competitive market environment. All our systems are built to the highest standards of craftsmanship and are extensively tested throughout the fabrication process. We perform a variety of NDE testing including PQR, UT, XT, full hydro, dye penetrant, ASME pressure testing and of course visual inspections and functional testing.
Wastewater Treatment Systems
Our Industrial Wastewater Treatment System Division designs and builds Wastewater Treatment Systems to treat tankwash water for everything from Crude oil to Edible oils, from Chemicals to Plastics and everything in between. When you wash an industrial tank, you create an industrial wastewater and we help you take care of it.