Controls Packages - Wastewater Treatment Systems
Applied Mechanical Technology is an industry leader in industrial wastewater treatment components and systems. Since 1997 we’ve been designing and building industrial equipment and systems for variety of industries.
We design and build all our core technology equipment in-house. Our complete line of equipment includes:
- Oil Water Separators,
- DAF Dissolved Air Flotation,
- Inclined plate Clarifiers,
- Multimedia filters
- Controls Packages.
These are the core of our complete systems packages. We complete our systems with strategic OEM relationships for all the other necessary components such as instruments, pumps, valves etc.
As we design and manufacture our core equipment and systems in our own shop we have the flexibility and the ability to configure our systems as needed to meet the most stringent project specifications while exceeding customer’s expectations.
We design and build all our own controls in-house to UL-508A Industrial Control Panel standards with strict conformance to NEC ANSI/NFPA 70 regulations. All panels are built to UL standards and are individually UL certified if required.
Our operator controls interface schemes are the most advanced in the wastewater industry. We offer basic simplified controls to full featured controls systems that use SQL database platforms permitting the generation, archiving and managed all trending and effluent data. Our most advanced controls provide operator input of bench scale treatability testing that then allow the system to automatically calculate dosing pump rates to achieve the desired ppm dosing rate in sync with batch tank quantity or flow thru system flow rate. Simply determine how many cc of chemical needed in a known batch size (ie: 500 ml) to achieve the desired results, input to the system and let it do the rest.
Our wastewater control systems come in many standard configurations and are customized to meet customer specifications or specific project requirements. Our controls are available in everything from the most basic design to the most advanced features that can include;
- Batch system sequencing cycle editor. Provides operator programmable sequence of treatment including pH, metals precipitation, coagulation, flocculation, reduction and oxidation.
- Fully and semi automatic controls. Operator initiated “START TREATMENT” selector button that involves all system automatic operating functions. When the wastewater storage tank is empty it automatically stops and notifies the operator.
- Treatability testing input for automatic system calibration. For both Batch and Flow Thru systems. Allows operator to perform treatability testing and then input the results (cc’s of chemical needed) and the system then calibrates the dosing pumps to maintain the treatability test results (ppm of chemical needed at X gpm or X batch size).
- Trend data accumulation and reporting. Excellent operator screens that summarize system data points, collect data for past trend analysis. Downloadable for presentation in spreadsheets, power points etc.
- Remote connection troubleshooting. Using a secure industrial VPN router to permit remote system troubleshooting, upgrades, and software support. These are easy to setup, firewall friendly, customer controlled with a full audit trail and traceability. Works with all PLCs and industrial computers and HMIs.
Our Wastewater Treatment Controls Systems are found in a variety of industries including but not limited to:
- All of Applied Mechanical Technology Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Laboratory waste pH adjustment systems
- Oily wastewater emulsification and coagulation
- Metal Forging press pit oily wastewater
- Metal plating and conversion coating
- Food processing.
- Groundwater remediation
- Solids removal
- Turbidity reduction
- Chemical Etch bath rinse waters
- Bottom fly ash sluice water
- Scrubber water
- Cooling tower water
Typical Options Include:
- NEMA Certifications: 3r (rain tight), 4 (can get wet with hose blast), 4X (can get wet by hose blast and is corrosion resistant) and 7 (explosion proof, hazardous area rated).
- Purge Panel technology for hazard area certification.
- Various PLC and HMI Operator Screens
- MCC (motor control center) and Logic in one panel. No need for separate MCC.
- Indoor and outdoor ratings.
- Air conditioning and heater for various environment conditions.
- Communications protocols including but not limited to; HART, Foundation Fieldbus, TCP/IP, ProfiBus, AB Ethernet/IP, ControlNet and DeviceNet, DH+ and DH-485
We use only the highest quality materials, pumps, instruments, valves and controls components to ensure you the heavy duty robust performance you demand in today’s highly competitive market environment. All our systems are built to the highest standards of craftsmanship and are extensively tested throughout the fabrication process. We perform a variety of NDE testing including PQR, UT, XT, full hydro, dye penetrant, ASME pressure testing and of course visual inspections and functional testing.
Our Industrial Tankwash Division designs and builds Railcar and Tank Trailer Internal wash systems to wash everything from Crude oil to Edible oils, from Chemicals to Corn Starch and everything in between. When you wash an industrial tank, you create an industrial wastewater and we take care of that too.